The role will be responsible for the management of AICT’s Training and Compliance in alignment with legislative requirements and AICT’s policies and procedures. The new manager will be accountable for:
- Management of AICT trainers and teachers (including recruitment)
- Monitoring and management of AICT’s compliance framework to ensure compliance with the applicable legislative instruments, ASQA requirements, associated regulators and policy review and improvement intent to action
- Coordinating internal and external audits, extensions to scope, funding applications and maintaining currency of scope
- Provide leadership and development of team members to embed a quality and compliance focused continuous improvement system
- Maintaining and developing course materials
- Validation and moderation activities
- Ensure policies, procedures intent to action and associated files are compliant with ASQA requirements and funding contracts
- Ensure training and delivery and assessment and strategies are compliant with Standards for RTOs 2015
- Regular internal auditing to ensure compliance
- Represent AICT on relevant committees and networks
- Consult with industry groups to ensure the continuous relevance of teaching and learning programs
- Other duties as directed by CEO
The following criteria must be demonstrated for candidates to be considered.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment - TAE40110 or higher.
- Relevant Bachelor Degree or higher (Business or Education).
- Thorough knowledge of the Australian vocational education and training sector including Standards for RTOs 2015 and the National Code and associated legislative instruments.
- A minimum of three years of experience in the role of Training Manager, Compliance Manager, or a combination of both.
- High level interpersonal, consultative, written and oral communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team and autonomously.
- Demonstrated knowledge and management of audit and compliance processes within the VET sector.
- Demonstrated experience liaising with the ASQA.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
Diploma of Quality Auditing or Lead Auditor in Quality Management Systems qualification is desirable